AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-problems-fixes-117/)
-   -   Squeaking noise when turning steering wheel left or right (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-problems-fixes-117/squeaking-noise-when-turning-steering-wheel-left-right-725979/)

myTaLizaS3.2 05-11-2009 12:04 PM

Squeaking noise when turning steering wheel left or right

So while i'm trying to park, I notice a squeaking noise when I turn the steering wheel. Makes noise either going left or right. I search and found that it could be the power steering fluid or ball joints. Could there be anything else I need to check for? Thanks!

acutee 05-11-2009 01:50 PM

Depending on the noise, you can easily tell if it was PS or joints. If you hold it still and it makes noise,then it is PS. could also pcv joint if you were moving and turning.

Originally Posted by myTaLizaS3.2 (Post 10885975)
So while i'm trying to park, I notice a squeaking noise when I turn the steering wheel. Makes noise either going left or right. I search and found that it could be the power steering fluid or ball joints. Could there be anything else I need to check for? Thanks!

CJITTY 05-11-2009 02:29 PM

its not a loose belt is it? My old accord did that and then i tigtened the belt..voila

Agentphan007 05-13-2009 05:16 PM

tie rod ends

daNNiebOixDD 06-06-2009 07:39 PM

mine was the ball joint. everytime i went over a bump, or pushed on the side of the car it would make a squeak sound like a squeaky bed. went to dealer, 300$ outta pocket and fixed. yes, i paid 300$ like an ass.

good luck

pvr 06-07-2009 10:40 AM

Drive train/shaft or CV joint... Do you drive your car in the winter? Do you hear it more when the weather is cold? If so then that is your problem. Have your dealer check it out to be sure. Good luck

tEEzyAsPeC 03-30-2011 12:36 AM

it's really bizarre, i have a 6mt 06 tl, well any ways straight to the point, i barely changed my transmission oil today, and when i bust u turns (before the transmission oil change it would make these wierd noise like the tires are rubbing?? like a eeeggghhhhhhghghg left or right ) but after driving it it was gone? idk what it was maybe because i jacked up the car which shifted the weight and corrected something? but any ways it is fixed...i thought it was a steering wheel problem but hey what ever its gone now so less worries for me...i will post this on other steering wheel threads just to notify the fellow aziners...gL hope this helped??? :D

TypeS3xy 04-02-2011 01:29 PM

I have the same problem when my car is still and I turn the steering wheel left or right by a 1/2 inch it starts to squeak i don't know what to check for ..

jesmith1984 10-24-2011 11:23 AM

2006 acura TL

I hear a squeaky noise when I turn either right or left. I do hear it more when the temperature is cold outside. I had someone check my transmission fluid and it is fine. I had someone tell me it is the brakes, but the noise happends when I am in drive, not on the brake. I want to know what it could be?

01tl4tl 10-24-2011 12:23 PM

welcome to the forum
this is the area for gen2, 99-2003 TL
please repost in `third generation` for better help
good luck!

HBaJ 01-27-2012 07:17 AM

Ive been having this prob for a week or so (or atleast thats when i noticed it). Seems likely to be the ball joints/tie rods. I have to drive to Boston today and ill take it in for service monday. Just looking for some reassurance nothing will break on me on this 3 hr roundtrip lol

michaelt 05-05-2012 08:35 PM

I get the squeakin noise on my 01 cl. I spray wd40 behind the tires and it stops for a while.

daciss 12-11-2013 09:17 AM

Do you think it could be b/c of the cold? I got really cold a week back and a few days ago my 07 TL starting making the whinning sound everytime I slow down and turn left or right.

3.2TLc 12-12-2013 07:08 AM

What all have ya checked so far ?

Problems within areas like brakes, suspension and steering components can show signs of various noises when it gets cold outside.
Maybe worn bushings or drive belts. Check the PS fluid level. Does it make the noise when turning the wheels while standing still ?

tl_CE 01-02-2014 09:22 AM

I had this problem on my tl.. Unfortunately it was my steering rack and pinion, which is really pricey(in the 1k range)... But it fixes the problem

03TLSinCO 11-10-2019 06:26 PM

Reviving an old thread. My creaking (squeaking or what ever you wan to call it) happens when going over bumps or turning in either direction. I changed the strut mount, but that wasn't it. The sound id definitely coming from one side only, the driver's side, and sounds very much like it was coming from the top, which is why I changed the strut mount. Anyone had this and resolve it?

whitetiger5 11-11-2019 12:52 PM

I'd check out the ball joints.

03TLSinCO 11-11-2019 01:20 PM

Thanks. Yeah, that'll be my next step.