AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   CD player does not load (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/cd-player-does-not-load-616132/)

soli1978 04-08-2007 12:07 PM

CD player does not load

Hi guys/gals,

I bought my new 2007 TL yesterday. It is a wonderful car but I couldn't load any CDs to it. I press load, I hear the beep but nothing happens. It does not say "load" or anything on the screen. I am wondering if I am missing something or is my audio player not working.

Thanks,

Will Y. 04-08-2007 04:07 PM

Welcome to Acurazine, and congrats on the new car.
Try selecting "CD" mode and then pushing "Load" (on the L side of the console), which is a different button from "Eject" (on the R side). You can load CDs after the green light over the CD slot starts flashing.
Otherwise, see the dealer.

soli1978 04-08-2007 04:46 PM

I guess I'll see my dealer. The audio system does not go to CD mode. I press the botton but it does not switch... Anyway, sh.t happens. Thanks for the reply.

rksokol 05-17-2007 08:06 AM

My CD player doesn't work either!

My CD player just crapped out on me yesterday. I will be taking it to the dealer in a couple of days.

soli1978, what was the disposition on your player? Did you have to get it replaced? If so, was it under warranty?

That same day I also noticed my intermittent wipers would engage every 8 seconds on the 2nd-slowest setting. After a few minutes on this setting, the wiper motor would engage erratically. :confused: Sometimes there would be a two second gap; sometimes a 12 second gap. Just wondering if that's related.

Anyway, my CD player is attempting to read a disc, fails, and then ejects the disc. I don't have an "err" message. The screen just says "Busy". It won't let me load a disc, either. So now I have an empty CD rack, and can't use it! :ugh:

Any thoughts?

lebshiff21 05-17-2007 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by rksokol
My CD player just crapped out on me yesterday. I will be taking it to the dealer in a couple of days.

soli1978, what was the disposition on your player? Did you have to get it replaced? If so, was it under warranty?

That same day I also noticed my intermittent wipers would engage every 8 seconds on the 2nd-slowest setting. After a few minutes on this setting, the wiper motor would engage erratically. :confused: Sometimes there would be a two second gap; sometimes a 12 second gap. Just wondering if that's related.

Anyway, my CD player is attempting to read a disc, fails, and then ejects the disc. I don't have an "err" message. The screen just says "Busy". It won't let me load a disc, either. So now I have an empty CD rack, and can't use it! :ugh:

Any thoughts?

Is it spitting out a purchased audio CD or a burned CD?

soli1978 05-18-2007 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by rksokol

Any thoughts?

Mine did not even load the CD. They replaced it under warranty.

INSPIRE 32V 05-18-2007 02:18 AM

i see a cd Changer recall coming

rksokol 05-23-2007 08:34 AM

All hail warranties!

This was with purchased CDs that were already in the tray. The player would not read them (after they had been in there for weeks and played dozens of times each) and ejected every disc.

I brought it into the dealer and the same thing happened when they tried. They ordered another CD player for me. Fortunately, it's all under warranty.

I forgot to mention to them about my (totally) variable-speed wiper issue. I'll inquire about that when I bring it in for the replacement CD player.