AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   2013 Orange DVD Map Update v3.C0 (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/2013-orange-dvd-map-update-v3-c0-868147/)

TerpNation 09-08-2012 05:50 PM

2013 Orange DVD Map Update v3.C0

Holy Batman Price :rolleyes:

Where else can I buy this cheaper or is this the only site to buy it from?

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...0AAAEckSN9YZDi

Additionally anybody know of any promo-codes??

Will Y. 09-08-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by TerpNation (Post 14025522)
Holy Batman Price :rolleyes:

Where else can I buy this cheaper or is this the only site to buy it from?

It's the only site for a new, most current version Navi DVD.
The price is now lower than the price in previous years-- $189, IIRC.

Your other option is to buy a used prior-version Navi DVD from another owner who upgrades to a newer version-- just check the Black Market on AZ, before Craig's List, etc.

TerpNation 09-08-2012 11:21 PM

My 04 TL has the original navigation disk. It doesn't show quite a few roads (highly traveled roads) that have been around for 10-20 or more years. :annoyed:

Anybody have any ideas on this????

This is exact reason why I want a new disk. Otherwise I know a new disk is virtually pointless except for a few new roads and POIs.

Wacker 09-09-2012 11:17 AM

I bought the version prior to that on sale for $99. 3.B0. They put the current version on sale just before the release of the next disk..Check the black market section and see if anyone has a newer version than what you have for sale.

osvaldo516 11-07-2012 09:00 AM

ebay has some but they want 140 for a previous year

luniz97 11-29-2012 01:41 PM

Anyone want to sell me their old one?

NBP04TL4ME 12-04-2012 07:00 PM

It's been a couple of months since the OP started this thread. The site the link takes you to is now showing the most updated disk at $149 with free shipping.

Chad05TL 02-19-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by TerpNation (Post 14025933)
My 04 TL has the original navigation disk. It doesn't show quite a few roads (highly traveled roads) that have been around for 10-20 or more years. :annoyed:

Anybody have any ideas on this????

This is exact reason why I want a new disk. Otherwise I know a new disk is virtually pointless except for a few new roads and POIs.

You have to check "show hidden files"

osvaldo516 02-20-2013 06:52 AM

I bought the 2013 disc.
still have the original one if someone wants it cheap let me know

350 02-20-2013 08:35 AM

Are these discs burnable?

DMZ 02-20-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 350 (Post 14329610)

So far, it seems no one's been able to bypass the copy protection.
:ugh:

I have the 2012 disk and the routing sucks worse than ever.

Originally Posted by TerpNation (Post 14025522)

The text from that page reads:

Hit the road with the latest navigation information at your fingertips. With the new Acura 2013 DVD Map Update, your direction will be guided by a system that promises optimal performance and identifies new highways, subdivisions, businesses, and points of interest. With map coverage that includes the 48 contiguous United States and Canada, your Acura will be equipped for travel both near and far.

10 bucks sez it'll still take you around in circles and blocks or miles out of the way to get where you're going no matter whether you set it to Direct Route, Easy Route, Minimize, Maximize, etc
. If they actually fixed the routing issues, then it's worth the upgrade.

And to give an example, those of you in the NYC/NJ area will understand what I mean coming down the Palisades Pkwy with a destination set somewhere in Northern or Central Jerzey. This fuckin thing tells me to get on 95 North which means crossing the GW Bridge ($13 toll), get on 9A (Henry Hudson Pkwy) come back around and BACK across the bridge to continue on the appropriate NJ highway. And that's just one example of MANY.

Steven Bell 02-20-2013 06:24 PM

No-they are not burnable.

AcuraZine does not condone nor promote the piracy of these discs.

djdonte 02-21-2013 12:00 AM

yeah i wouldnt waste 10 bucks on a new disc.... this cars navi is a joke. I mean it looks like something from SNES. I was set on getting a NAVI and now I dunno why. I mean the HFL and rear view camera is cool, but I trust Apple or Google Maps wayyyy before I trust Acura navi to try to get my to turn onto a one way road. again.

ParaSurfer1979 02-21-2013 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 14330962)
No-they are not burnable.

AcuraZine does not condone nor promote the piracy of these discs.

Funny the won't stand for this yet the site lets you talk about street racing and/or how fast can I go before the gonernor cuts out etc haha. They'd rather people talk about things that cou;ld injure or kill you....ha ha...

fredfredfred 03-02-2013 08:15 PM

2013 Navi Update

Last year I bought it for $99 in April from Navteq. Perhaps the same thing will happen this year?

Chad05TL 03-03-2013 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by fredfredfred (Post 14349204)
Last year I bought it for $99 in April from Navteq. Perhaps the same thing will happen this year?

when you upgraded, what version did you come from and what were the differences?

I am still running on the disc from 2005. But I don't really miss much I think. But I don't like the fact that there is a delay when you start up and you press audio, and you have to wait for who knows what.

fredfredfred 03-03-2013 08:43 AM

2013 Orange DVD Map Update v3.C0

There are a number of new roads in this area that were not appearing. It is still not nearly as good at being up to date as my Garmin or TomToms which update every 4 months. So, to be honest, I do not know of any great changes. I end up running the Tomtom in my armrest to tell me where the speedtraps are anyway.

There are a number of places (here, and I think wikipedia) where they tell you how to get rid of the LONG delay for startup (by burning a modified disk). I am thinking of doing that as I await the $50 price reduction.

BTW, once I figured out that you can adjust volume and tune the radio with the knobs while you are waiting, it took some of the aggravation away of waiting for start up. And there is nothing like the nice big screen and radio quieting while voice is on.

Chad05TL 03-03-2013 09:45 AM

Well, since it is built into the car, you dont have to stick it on your glass or prop it up somehow. But that is true with any oem system and not much to brag about in 2013.. But in 2004/5 the TL navi was a model for other cars. And I still think it is pretty good. But would I would like to see is a better menu to search for a particular restuarant. And I would like to do so in MY Area not in New York City.. So I always have to try to remember how to do that as there is a unique way of getting into the menu to search your own area.. And it shouldn't be that way. It shuold default to my area.. Also one of the menu's I saw the other day while looking for "taco bell", one choice on one menu was "eating places" or "restaurant". I was like what the heck... So I cancelled it. That is useless. It needs to be more intuitive. And the start up speed is slower than the 07 TL's.. So, That is all I am mainly interested in. The number of roads has little impact on me. All the roads I drive on have been here a decade.

fredfredfred 03-03-2013 10:33 AM

As far as searching for places like Taco Bell, it still is lousy, no improvement there. Surprising how bad it is at that.

VanyDotK 03-03-2013 12:08 PM

You can burn them all you want but the disc has software verification that will not allow it to work without modifications.

DMZ 03-03-2013 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by fredfredfred (Post 14349204)

If the folks at Navteq has any brains, they'd lock in the $99 price ALL THE TIME given the current economic climate. A shitload more people would buy it. Dropping the price to say, $69 as a last minute blow out right before the updated disc comes out would mean $REVENUE from dumping the left over inventory instead of having to destroy it.

Originally Posted by fredfredfred (Post 14349792)
As far as searching for places like Taco Bell, it still is lousy, no improvement there. Surprising how bad it is at that.

And the 2012 disc shows a Popeye's Fried Chicken in Norwood, NJ that closed 4 years BEFORE that disc came out.

That's the kind of thing Google Search does CORRECTLY, so it's good to have a smartphone as backup. For example, trying to find a particular Marriott in the car's system based on location wouldn't come up, but Google FOUND IT as a Courtyard by Marriott.

fredfredfred 03-03-2013 12:46 PM

"You can burn them all you want but the disc has software verification that will not allow it to work without modifications."

That is a shame, I have been living with the crazy long start-up all this time thinking that the only thing holding me back from correcting it is my own laziness (and its lack of importance in the big scheme of things)

MarkF786 06-29-2013 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by DMZ (Post 14329833)
And to give an example, those of you in the NYC/NJ area will understand what I mean coming down the Palisades Pkwy with a destination set somewhere in Northern or Central Jerzey. This fuckin thing tells me to get on 95 North which means crossing the GW Bridge ($13 toll), get on 9A (Henry Hudson Pkwy) come back around and BACK across the bridge to continue on the appropriate NJ highway. And that's just one example of MANY.

I had to laugh when reading this because the NAV has done the same damn thing to me many times. Once I was going from Trenton, NJ to Marlton, NJ (South Jersey). Before I realized what is was doing, the NAV had me cross a toll bridge into PA, go down one exit, turn around, and come across the same damn bridge back into NJ! WTF?!

Many times I've wanted to b*tch slap the man responsible for the navigation algorithm used in the device.

DMZ 07-10-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MarkF786 (Post 14555471)
Many times I've wanted to b*tch slap the man responsible for the navigation algorithm used in the device.

Bitch slap? I was thinking more along the lines of something a little more convincing. Like making him an offer he couldn't refuse to rewrite those algorithms for the next DVD update, Sopranos style.

sauceja 07-10-2013 06:36 PM

If anyone has an older cd thats newer than an 07 they want to discard. I will gladly pay shipping :fingerscrossed:

Steven Bell 07-11-2013 06:00 PM

^^^ Jeff, put a WTB (Willing To Buy) in the Black Market.

NBP04TL4ME 08-15-2013 07:43 PM

Not sure I follow but if this even smells of software piracy, the Mods will release their wrath. That sort of thing isn't tolerated here.

Steven Bell 08-15-2013 10:24 PM

Again, we will not promote the piracy of Navigation Discs on AcuraZine.

And Desmond, if you want to go fast, that's totally your call.

CrazyNurse 08-25-2013 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by djdonte (Post 14331527)
yeah i wouldnt waste 10 bucks on a new disc.... this cars navi is a joke. I mean it looks like something from SNES. I was set on getting a NAVI and now I dunno why. I mean the HFL and rear view camera is cool, but I trust Apple or Google Maps wayyyy before I trust Acura navi to try to get my to turn onto a one way road. again.

Yeah, I didn't hesitate getting the NAV version in 2006, but it has not aged well.

Makes me think twice about getting built in Navi in future vehicles.

I'd like to rip my unit out and replace the lcd with a tablet like some people on here are doing.