Radio Won't Turn On

Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Won't Turn On

My stock stereo in my 02 TL-S won't turn on anymore. No indication on the display or anything. I checked the "ACC (radio)" fuse, "ACC Relay" fuse, and all fuses that listed "navigation" in the book (even though I don't have a navigation system). They were all fine. I searched around but all of the solutions were fuse related, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
what was the last thing that happened before this?
battery replaced,,dead batt jumped etc

fuses- are you swapping in new fuse or just visual?
get out the test light/multimeter and see where there is power

our radios are known to suddenly die,,usually its the cd portion-- but,,,
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
what was the last thing that happened before this?
battery replaced,,dead batt jumped etc

fuses- are you swapping in new fuse or just visual?
get out the test light/multimeter and see where there is power

our radios are known to suddenly die,,usually its the cd portion-- but,,,
I had it in a few weeks ago to get the shift lock release mechanism replaced. It wouldn't get out of park without the override. Battery has been fine. The fuse check was visual, but I also tried swapping it with another (a spare of another component). The CD portion has been hanging by a thread to say the least, but it's interesting to hear the radios are known to go out. It seems to just not be getting power for some reason because the CD player doesn't make any noises when for example I press the eject button (FYI the lighter/outlet does get power). Would the dealer mess with this or is it more of a specialty shop thing?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM
..PRAXIS..

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Crazy.. but the same thing just happened to my stock radio as well. No power.. fuses were swapped out, cig lighter gets power, and I can hear the changer cycle thru when I start the car, but no sound, no display, nothing.

Ive searched, and some say that a coin may have gotten jammed up into the back of the radio from the coin tray.. Any one have other advice?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Advanced

Here's my latest... I held the 1 and 6 down for maybe ten seconds and it flashed between L(4 numbers) and R(####) then, it displayed the C0dE. I can now enter my code and hopefully it will work. I don't have my code and the Acura dealer said they can't get it with just my VIN. I now have to take it some place, get the unit removed so they can get the serial number then, provide the SN to Acura along with faxed or emailed proof of ownership so I can get that sacred code. Who knows what that hassle will cost. The CD player is crud anyway so I am considering a new nice looking (nothing gaudy looking) unit to replace the stock equipment. Any suggestions in that regard?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by 3.0Redliner
I now have to take it some place, get the unit removed so they can get the serial number then

Before you do that, remove the 2 pieces of wood grain trim around the radio, and possibly remove the driver and passenger plastic covers (going to the floor) around the radio. The sticker with the serial number is usually on the front or the side of the radio and you don't need to remove the whole unit.
That is how I found my serial number and the dealer looked it up for free. They said they did a favor for me because they usually charge $120 to lookup the radio codes on the system.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What did the dealership fix? For my 99' Accord(R.I.P)(somewhat similar car) they replaced the ECU when it had your same problem of not being able to take it out of park. If they replaced your ECU, I would have the dealership reprogram(FOR FREE SINCE THEY REPLACED IT) your new ECU. I can't guarantee it will fix the problem because i have no idea if the ECU plays a part in the radio functioning but its worth a shot.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by victus1
Before you do that, remove the 2 pieces of wood grain trim around the radio, and possibly remove the driver and passenger plastic covers (going to the floor) around the radio.
Good to know thanks! Just pry the suckers off with a slot head? Don't want to break anything.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 125 Posts
If you don't have the trim removal tool, just wrap a flathead screwdriver with electrical tape. But they are easy to pull off with just your fingers. Start at one end and keep going....
Old 04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 205 Likes on 180 Posts
Start inside the center console storage and you will be able to get your fingers underneath it better there.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Advanced

Wow that was surprisingly easy to get. I actually did it waiting at the drive thru! Glad I didn't pay to take it somewhere, thanks for that suggestion! Can't wait to get the code from the dealer tomorrow and see if the stereo works. I have no idea how it lost power/reset itself in the first place. The battery has been completely fine. And QueenCityTLS, the ESU wasn't replaced.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

Radio turned off and didn't power back on hasn't worked since

I was listening to the radio and suddenly I just turned off when I try to turn it back on and did not want to power back on and hasn't worked since and just to let you know I did get my battery replaced a couple hours before that happened on the same day so I was wondering if it's any hail related and what they should might be please help thank you????
Old 06-09-2018, 07:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Factory Radio? First thing would be to check the fuses, in particular No. 9 on the passenger side inside the car. Let us know