Mechanics are killing me

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:52 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanics are killing me

About a month ago i was driving my 02 3.2 TL home when i noticed a power drop on my way home. When i tried to start it the next day it would turn over for a second and instantly stall out,a little smoke with a very rich gas smell. i brought it to sts and they said the timing belt jumped a cog and they don't want anything to do with it.I brought it to a real shop they said the timing is perfect,good compression,spark plugs are fine,gas is not bad as well as other stuff i cant remember. i get it back today and notice the serpentine belt is not there. my question is could it have been that all along? I'm not sure if the shop would remove it for some reason
Old 05-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
If you've been driving it this whole time, you would have noticed not having power steering or AC right? I assume the most recent shop took it off and forgot to put it back on, as dumb as that sounds.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9884
If you've been driving it this whole time, you would have noticed not having power steering or AC right? I assume the most recent shop took it off and forgot to put it back on, as dumb as that sounds.
I just got it back yesterday<i was assuming the last time i drove the car it broke.
Either way i put the new belt on<changed the fuel pump relay and still nothing. The shop said they checked the crank sensor and ignition. I'm at a loss as what to do with this car.

Last edited by thoiboi; 05-19-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
I kinda lean towards the timing still. That first shop may have been right. Crank sensor would have been the next thing to check too. One of the mechanics you're using is wrong or missing something but the symptoms sound like timing.