Somebody hit my car, now what?

Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody hit my car, now what?

Hello All,

Someone hit my car couple of days back. Since its my first car and first accident I am unaware of what the exact process is. Although I made an attempt to call the cop when the incident happened to file a report and he asked me to call the insurance company of the other party who hit my car.

I called their insurance company and I noticed they made a statement as -"insured made a lane change in front of claimant causing claimant to collide with insured". Could this mean I hit their car? Should I ask them to update the statement to clearly mention that the other party/insurer had hit my car?

Also what could be the next process. Is there anything else I need to take care of in this entire claim process?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
That means the other party hit your car. You should have been in contact with your insurance company already to let them know of the incident.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Originally Posted by techhuman
Someone hit my car couple of days back. Since its my first car and first accident I am unaware of what the exact process is. Although I made an attempt to call the cop when the incident happened to file a report and he asked me to call the insurance company of the other party who hit my car.

I called their insurance company and I noticed they made a statement as:
( insured = the other driver, claimant = you )

-"insured made a lane change in front of claimant....
causing claimant to collide with insured".

Could this mean I hit their car? Is there anything else I need to take care of in this entire claim process?
Hey Techhuman, ya should definitely call your insurance co. to cover your butt.
From the statement the other driver told his insurance co. that he made a lane change in front of you.....and in turn it caused you to collide into his car.

Last edited by 3.2TLc; 03-05-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually his insurance company is paying for the repairs on my car and they messed up everything when I tried explaining the scenario on phone. Somehow I got it settled after explaining them again and my car now is in collision shop for repair. The insurance company arranged for a rental car.

However the rental car company told me that if the car gets a dent or scratch or anything else I would be responsible for it and hence forced me to get a damage waiver which they said wouldn't be covered by the insurance company and I will also have to pay for the fuel.

I wrote it to the insurance company to confirm on the damage waiver and waiting for their reply since 1 day.

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc
Hey Techhuman, ya should definitely call your insurance co. to cover your butt.
From the statement the other driver told his insurance co. that he made a lane change in front of you.....and in turn it caused you to collide into his car.