Sponsored by:

Bye my beloved 2007 TL Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
G Force

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bye my beloved 2007 TL Type-S

Yesterday, my wife got rear ended.

Luckily, it happened after dropping our son to the daycare.

The young lady who was driving the old 1996 Jeep SUV has no insurance.

Luckily, we have full coverage including non-insured motorist.

Anybody have experience with this type of situation?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
why do you think its Bye TL?
why do you think no one has any experience with this situation?
your rear ended TL will be repaired and put back on the street.

glad your son wasnt in the vehicle and glad your wife wasnt seriously hurt
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the other driver's info, get a police report; let your insurance company handle the rest.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
It blows my mind just how many people dont have auto insurance. What a bunch of fucking D bags. First of all how do they even get away with that? In order to do things like annual renewel, or registration requires insurance. Or even just the fact that I would be paranoid as shit that if anything whatsoever happened I would be screwed. Insurance isnt even that expensive. I just dont get it.
So what happens in a case like that when the driver doesnt have insurance? They basically go on their happy way with a ticket and say sorry I fucked up your car bye?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:27 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
It blows my mind just how many people dont have auto insurance. What a bunch of fucking D bags. First of all how do they even get away with that? In order to do things like annual renewel, or registration requires insurance. Or even just the fact that I would be paranoid as shit that if anything whatsoever happened I would be screwed. Insurance isnt even that expensive. I just dont get it.
So what happens in a case like that when the driver doesnt have insurance? They basically go on their happy way with a ticket and say sorry I fucked up your car bye?
I agree- it should be a loss of license for having no insurance.
The following users liked this post:
D's Up (04-21-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
G Force

Originally Posted by justnspace
why do you think its Bye TL?
why do you think no one has any experience with this situation?
your rear ended TL will be repaired and put back on the street.

glad your son wasnt in the vehicle and glad your wife wasnt seriously hurt
Body shop ran the estimate and informed the insurance company.

And insurance company declared total lost.

As the repair would be close to 10K.

You can see how bad was the damage.

The trunk went all the way, and you can see from the picture that the rear side panel of the car got bended right under the C column.

Darn! I loved that car so much!
Attached Thumbnails Bye my beloved 2007 TL Type-S-img_2362.png   Bye my beloved 2007 TL Type-S-img_2371.png  
Old 04-16-2014, 01:34 PM
'07 TL Type-S

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
Glad everyone was OK. And like everyone else said, it really does blow my mind how many people drive without insurance. It's ridiculous.

Any thoughts on your next car?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:36 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Very sorry to see this. I worry about this all the time myself. All it takes is some inattentive jackass to hit your car and not only are you out a car that works well for you and is paid in full, but now you have to either buy a new car and have all the costs associated with that (even if you get a settlement from insurance), or scope out a used car that you may still need to put money into that may have a spotty maintenance history. In this case it sounds like the other driver gets off without any penalty other than having to pay the fine for no insurance. It's truly unfair, but that's the way it goes I guess. As above, I feel the penalty for driving with no insurance should be substantially greater than it likely is. The problem with the older TL's is that as they get older, they're worth less and will be more easily totaled in a collision.

Sorry for your loss and hopefully, the Mrs. wasn't hurt. Were police on scene to cite the other driver?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, but absolutely glad you son wasn't in the car. You have insurance, so hopefully you will be able to find something equally as nice!

erdoc48 -

While I conceptually agree with your thinking - they are driving today without insurance, do you think not having a license will matter to them?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:45 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Sorry to hear about your loss, but absolutely glad you son wasn't in the car. You have insurance, so hopefully you will be able to find something equally as nice!

erdoc48 -

While I conceptually agree with your thinking - they are driving today without insurance, do you think not having a license will matter to them?
I know, I know. Maybe some jail time would be in order...

But, that probably wouldn't occur until the 3rd or 4th (or greater number) offense.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by georgegiorgio
Body shop ran the estimate and informed the insurance company.

And insurance company declared total lost.

As the repair would be close to 10K.

You can see how bad was the damage.

The trunk went all the way, and you can see from the picture that the rear side panel of the car got bended right under the C column.

Darn! I loved that car so much!
oh, you didnt tell us in the beginning that you took it to a shop already...
you didnt tell us in the first post that the insurance declared it a total loss!!

sorry for your loss.
and hopefully you can pick up something equally cool as the 3G TL
Old 04-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Sorry to hear about this.

This picture kinda scared me

Realized it was just a picture.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 PM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
sue the woman.
Acura-OC (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ez12a
sue the woman.
LOL.

Sue her for what? She can't pay insurance, she won't be able to pay a settlement. (Unless you go after her assets)
Old 04-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Originally Posted by erdoc48
I know, I know. Maybe some jail time would be in order...

But, that probably wouldn't occur until the 3rd or 4th (or greater number) offense.
Well maybe her car was damaged bad enough and/or totaled..............
Old 04-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can sue her, when you win you can technically garnish wages and tax returns, etc.. However, as I've found out from personal experience in this matter, it's not likely worth what you'd have to pay a lawyer to do that for you. The only way these people get jail time is if they cause an injury and leave the scene. My daughter had a broken arm in my accident, the offender ended up with a 4 month jail sentence. Too bad there is no "debtor's prison" anymore...
Old 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Received 404 Likes on 316 Posts
Scumbags like to apply for liability to get their renewals and tags done then will cancel the policy so they don't have to pay.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:15 PM
08 TL type-S

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
Sorry this happened to you! Glad your family is safe!
Hope you can get another TL with the money from insurance for the total loss.
Hope there are some sanctions against the other driver at least tickets for failure to yield, no D/L, etc and hope you can bring them to court too.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 PM
☆New England Patriots☆

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry for this to have happened but also be thankful your son wasn't in the car and at least your wife is ok.....like said above you can pursue legal actions but it will cost you and will take a while tobget any settlement from her. .....best way is to go thru your insurance since you have uninsured motorists coverage. .im going thru the same situation as you but in my case they only had liability insurance so in my case its under insured motorists. ..its been since September when I got hit and the case is still going on forbmy pain and suffering...I already got paid for my civic wich was a total loss. ..but best of luck with this man patience is the key my dude
Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 PM
G Force

Very sorry to see this. I worry about this all the time myself. All it takes is some inattentive jackass to hit your car and not only are you out a car that works well for you and is paid in full, but now you have to either buy a new car and have all the costs associated with that (even if you get a settlement from insurance), or scope out a used car that you may still need to put money into that may have a spotty maintenance history. In this case it sounds like the other driver gets off without any penalty other than having to pay the fine for no insurance. It's truly unfair, but that's the way it goes I guess. As above, I feel the penalty for driving with no insurance should be substantially greater than it likely is. The problem with the older TL's is that as they get older, they're worth less and will be more easily totaled in a collision.

Sorry for your loss and hopefully, the Mrs. wasn't hurt. Were police on scene to cite the other driver?
Yes, my Mrs. is fine, just pain in the neck and shoulders, but other than that, she's sad to say good bye to her TL Type-S, she enjoyed the power of the car whenever she need to tackle a spot on the freeway.

Police arrived and said they can do nothing but issue a citation to the other driver.

Sigh...
Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 PM
G Force

Saw the TLX and not like it at all for my next car, or next car my wife is going to drive.

We both agreed that 3G TL Type-S is definitely a good car (not perfect) but a good car in relation between power (HP), weight and size.

She drive like being one with the machine. Not that she's an aggressive driver.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16

The picture of a child peeping out of the trunk? yeah that spooked me as well.

Sorry to hear about the accident, OP. I'm glad everyone was able to walk away from that relatively uninjured.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Can I get that HFL assembly?
Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16

HA! Didn't realize what you meant at first. I was focused on the circle and wondering what was so scary about that. Yeah, somebody should make this into one of those, "When you see it you'll sh__ bricks" posters. LOL.
D's Up (04-21-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I got rear-ended twice in six days in my old Accord by uninsured drivers. It sucked. Both times people had false information on their licenses, so once they left the scene after the accident, they were gone. Insurance could never contact them.

Happened to me twice in six days. They just don't give a rats ass. I even told the one guy to verify his phone number. I called it, and his phone rang.

Gave it to insurance and they said they could not get ahold of him.

Originally Posted by ez12a
sue the woman.
Can't sue someone if they don't put down their right address and give you a false phone number. Most of these people will avoid at all costs getting tracked down.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-18-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Here in NJ when you renew your registration by mail you have to fill out the name of your insurance carrier plus policy No. Many times I didn't have the policy No. handy & just made up a number & guess what? It was processed every time. They don't check & Police Cars in NJ don't have a database to check for valid insurance, People call up for insurance, make one payment & get a card then don't make another payment & get cancelled, but they have a "valid" car for an entire year. Get in an accident? No problem, they use fake addresses or just pack up & leave. And to think I pay $5,800 a year for insuring all our vehicles.

BTW my son got hit in his Subaru 3 years ago in a parking lot. The driver gave the cop an insurance card, when my insurance company went after him it turned out his insurance had been cancelled for Non-Payment, I was out a $500 deductible & he never responded to their letters. Last year my TLS was hit in a parking lot, the woman took off, that cost me $700 deductible. So that's $1,200 out of my pocket. PEOPLE SUCK & I hate society more & more each day.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-18-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree- it should be a loss of license for having no insurance.
i taught in nyc it is a loss of license... maybe im wrong but i taught you can be jailed fined and potential loss of license without ins.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry about the car man!

Whatever you do, dont take the first amount they try to give you for the car! You have the right to argue with them on the value of it.
Almost every insurance company uses NADA.com to value cars, so I would try to get as close to that as possible.

I recently totaled an 02 Accord, they gave me a price i didnt agree with so I argued. They eventually gave me $1000 more for it!
Just be informed and stand your ground! The longer they wait to pay, the more money they'll owe the body shop for storage (if its at a shop).

You can use that as leverage is what I was getting at.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 04-18-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i just re read through the thread, why arent you guys filing police reports? i understand it lowers the value of your vehicle but coming out your own pocket is worst! file the report and that way that guys insuarnce has to pay if its their fault.

it took me a month once to get paid on my claim when an off duty cop side swipped my car and his fellow officers doctored the report to make me look like it was my fault however it happened a block from my house in front of a store with a camera and i threatened his ins with the videotape of the accident and they paid out 2x the value of the damage to my 00 civic (back in 2005) lol
Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 AM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
its time y'all took pictures of the person who did it and also drove with a dash cam. i started riding my motorcycle with a gopro.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys,

All of you have been around here enough to know about the Multi-Quote Button. So much so that now even Anil is making fun of me trying to remind you guys to use it.

For those who don't know, it's the middle icon in the lower right hand corner of each post. PLEASE use it.

Cheers!
rossv1 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 01:17 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
first of all im very sorry for the accident and i hope everything works out for you...

secondly...are you gonna be able to take anything from the car?
i would really love seat bottom leather on both seats.... rear view mirror? lol...

let me know i call dibsies on everything just in case lol.

idk if you can take anything but gosh if you have taupe leather it would be such a blessing
Old 04-19-2014, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She should be killed. If enough of them are it may deter that behavior. We are too civil a society for that though.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:38 PM
G Force

So, this last Eastern weekend, we've decided to get a new car, and we couldn't wait for new models from any manufacturer and brands to roll-in into dealerships. My wife and I checked everything from Audi allRoad, BMW 328xD station wagon, Toyota Venza, and ended up getting Subaru Outbacks.

Although, we've saw the new 2015 Outback announcement at the NYAS, but we just couldn't wait till summer.

Among all cars, we got a pretty good deal from both Toyota and Saburu. Even though, the Venza came pretty loaded with a V6; but we got a Limited with Navi and Moonroof on a Outback H4.

Both matched each other in terms on drive-off and monthly payments were quite similar range, both below 350 a months on a 36-months lease.

So, until next time when Acura fired their designing team in Los Angeles, CA, and seriously start designing truly upscale American/Japanese contender to Germans (Bimmers and Mercedes), we're not looking back to any other car aside from our beloved 3G TL Type-S...

Which, BTW, my wife's friends couldn't believe we've lost such a beautiful car (best ratio in terms of power, weight, handling and overall external size, and internal capacity).

We've had so much memories on that TL... It taken us to many places within California and to Vegas...

Hope Acura bring it back some day...
Old 04-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow I think the JEEPS are out to get us !! I too got rear ended but on the 15th of this month they telling me its going to come out to 6500 to fix my car and mine Is a base 05 tl.. my pictures look verrrrrrry similar to yours.. damn this sucks in everyway possible..sorry to hear about YOUR accident bro..
Old 04-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Intermediate

im going to try to post mine here in a few
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Intermediate

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...=13682&thumb=1

https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...=13682&thumb=1

here are my pictures
Old 04-21-2014, 06:58 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
That really blows man. Sorry about your TL. I would die. Thank god i keep my car with full coverage specially in the city. What can i say you can never go wrong with Allstate xD..Enjoy your new ride!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:10 PM
G Force

So, I got the estimate from the insurance today, they'll send me a check for over 18K for the car being totaled, once I send back the paperworks, documents, and the extra master keyfob.

So long my beloved Type-S...

Until Honda/Acura decides to make true authentic enthusiastic cars, this is good bye
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by vol245
She should be killed. If enough of them are it may deter that behavior. We are too civil a society for that though.
Joined in July 2013.

First post in April 2014 expresses desire to execute woman for not having insurance and driving inattentively. Damn.

Quick Reply: Bye my beloved 2007 TL Type-S