HFL/ Voice Commands Not Recognized

Old 04-19-2014, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL/ Voice Commands Not Recognized

Hey folks,

Just purchased my 2007 TL Type S two days ago. 56,000 miles and only 1 previous owner! I got a pretty good deal and couldn't be happier!...

...Except for the Bluetooth/ HFL system. I tried using voice commands to bring up pairing for my bluetooth phone but it either brings up something completely different from what I'm asking or just beeps and does nothing. Now I speak pretty fluent English so that isn't an issue haha. I've tried looking up the issue here and other websites but all I come up with is having to replace some really expensive components, which I really don't want to do. Is there a way of resetting the radio or increasing microphone functionality? I really wanna use my phone and get the most out of my system

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by SavMac14
I tried using voice commands to bring up pairing for my bluetooth phone but it either brings up something completely different from what I'm asking or just beeps and does nothing.
The steering wheel front left-side buttons that face you, which you push down on, are the only buttons that control the HFL.
The buttons on the back of the steering wheel, which you pull to activate, are the Navi/voice control buttons.

If you don't have them, the owner's and Navi manuals are on-line at: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/j-020-3g-acura-tl-owners-manual-navi-manual-warranty-booklet-pdfs-851625/.

Are you pushing the front set of buttons and saying "setup?"
If not, try that to set up the HFL/Bluetooth.
If you are doing that but the mic is bad, you'll just have to replace the HFL (which contains the mic)-- about $180 part and 5 minutes of work by you.

Welcome to AZ.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Aired Out TLS

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
Make sure your pressing the right button first. Had the same problem also, you can run a diagnostics test. I believe you press map guide, menu and setup at the same time and a screen will appear. Navigate around and check the navigation system. Everything should be in the green.

I also removed the front dome light, reach back there and unplug the mic wire for a minute then reconnected the wire. That worked for me , hope you try that first before spending some money on new parts. The diagram on how to remove the front dome light should be here on azine.