Weird problem - security system and driver's side door and mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird problem - security system and driver's side door and mirror

I've got a really weird problem with my 07 TL-S. If I press the disarm/unlock button on the key fob, doesn't matter whether the car was locked or not at the time, and then open the driver's side door, I hear a couple of beeps in the cabin, and at the same time the mirror moves up and down. It ONLY happens when doing all of the above. Unlock, (with or without any delay), open door = mirror moves. If I don't open the door, nothing moves. If I open the door without first pressing the unlock button, nothing moves. Any idea why this is happening?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by typesdad
I've got a really weird problem with my 07 TL-S. If I press the disarm/unlock button on the key fob, doesn't matter whether the car was locked or not at the time, and then open the driver's side door, I hear a couple of beeps in the cabin, and at the same time the mirror moves up and down. It ONLY happens when doing all of the above. Unlock, (with or without any delay), open door = mirror moves. If I don't open the door, nothing moves. If I open the door without first pressing the unlock button, nothing moves. Any idea why this is happening?
mirror actuator is going wonky. There's a ton of threads on this that will provide more information. Basically when you unlock with remote and open door, it pulls the memory settings assigned to the key fob.