Driver side courtesy light out

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Driver side courtesy light out

I mentioned this in another thread, but my driver side door bulb went out. So I went to the dealer to get it fixed on Monday of last week, the service dept said they didn't have the bulb in stock so they had to order it? I thought that was pretty funny, a $.60 cent bulb not in stock? Needless to say I still don't have it fixed. Hopefully I can take care of this on Monday. Pretty sad huh?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

I also just saw the TL commercial on TV, and I noticed that the front has all white lights? My FWD has ugly ass yellow parking lights, what's on your AWD? Was this a mod just for the commerical? How hard is it to make the switch?

Last edited by bmode; 01-18-2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: additional stuff
Old 01-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I could mail you that bulb for the cost of postage and you can replace it in 5 minutes tops.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG! That is probably the most common small bulb in automotive history.. They should be ashamed that they have to 'order' it. It's a brand new car so I hope they aren't charging you a penny!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Seriously, it's a few bucks for a 2 pack at any auto parts store.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

I know right? I'm gonna have them do it regardless, and check the steering column as well. I don't like the rubbing sound when maneuvering in and out of my garage. Thanks CL for the offer.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sooooooo, I get the call from the Acura service department, the little bulb is in, so I called ahead to the service dept and said I'm on the way in, I got there at 2pm or so. I left Acura at 5:15pm with a MDX loaner.

So here's the skinny, they put the bulb in, no go. They took out the other bulb from the passenger door, no go. They put in the new bulb in the passenger side and it worked, all bulbs are good, but bad driver side door electrical circuit box must of gotten shorted somewhere. Nevertheless, I saw the whole door taken apart as I was removing my personal items, and wow, there's a lot of stuff packed in that little door.

Part 2 tomorrow when I get the car back. I hope they put everything back together tightly? I HATE when something new clean and tight becomes used loose and buggy! By the way, this is not a bag on my dealership, Vince in service did all he could, and I understand, it's just one of those things. Besides I probably shorted it out anyway, but they said I couldn't of done that.

Vamos aver!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Racer

b, you did anything to cause this, that's what fuses are for. Hopefully whatever junction box or place that it has a problem is easy to access. I'm sure they'll put it all back together fine. If it makes you feel any better my dealer has been chasing down an intermittent TPMS failure since I picked up my TL. First they changed the receivers at the wheels but that wasn't it so the control module is next. It either tells me it can't receive any pressure readings or that my tires are low even when it reads they are all fine. Let's face it with so many tiny circuits, switches, relays and miles of wiring...add in extreme cold, heat and horrible roads.. it's amazing that more stuff crazy doesn't happen. Keep us posted.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's true, and it does make me feel better, thanks! Just seeing that door wide open with all the wires hanging out, made me feel like Obama the night before the inauguration.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wavehogger
b, you did anything to cause this, that's what fuses are for. Hopefully whatever junction box or place that it has a problem is easy to access. I'm sure they'll put it all back together fine. If it makes you feel any better my dealer has been chasing down an intermittent TPMS failure since I picked up my TL. First they changed the receivers at the wheels but that wasn't it so the control module is next. It either tells me it can't receive any pressure readings or that my tires are low even when it reads they are all fine. Let's face it with so many tiny circuits, switches, relays and miles of wiring...add in extreme cold, heat and horrible roads.. it's amazing that more stuff crazy doesn't happen. Keep us posted.

I was told with my wife's MDX that the TPMS have a lot of issues with the temperature variations here in New England and that they alwasys see them going off in cars when there is nothing wrong. Something to do with the tires being really cold and giving false readings.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Racer

Well we haven't had one TPMS glitch in our RDX in two years. This isn't just an occasional malfunction. It's always randomly saying tire/s are low or flat, lol. I'm not really driving the TL with all this nasty weather here in New England, but i'll bring it in at the end of the winter and have the module changed. I have a feeling that the brain is toast.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by couch257
I was told with my wife's MDX that the TPMS have a lot of issues with the temperature variations here in New England and that they always see them going off in cars when there is nothing wrong...
Use nitrogen instead of air -- it will minimize tire pressure fluxuations.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmode
That's true, and it does make me feel better, thanks! Just seeing that door wide open with all the wires hanging out, made me feel like Obama the night before the inauguration.
Which "Stealership" is trying to work on your car??
Old 01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

It's at Acura 101, the only dealership I go to.

I got the call today from service stating that the fuse box is blown and they are ordering another one, so I'm still driving around in a White 2008 MDX for at least another day or two, which is pretty nice actually, just really bumpy, even with the comfort suspension setting.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

So they determined it was a blown box, something else but I forgot the part they told me, they got the part today and installed it and closed back up the door, now I got them looking at the steering column, so it's more fun in the MDX for now! It's great not to worry about steep driveways and speed bumps!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

So my girl is back, she got a new electrical box of some sort, I didn't get paperwork as they told me to just bail, so I don't know what the part was. It was sure fun driving the MDX though, a nice ride. They also took a look at the steering column noise and found that it's a stock sound, as two other new TL's on the lot have the same sound and feel. Oh well, it's just one of those things!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I was impressed w/ the SH-AWD on the MDX - had a loaner once b4 my 4G.
was driving the MDX on the highway - when suddenly there is a wooden pallet in the center lane. was able to do a sudden lane change that really impressed me for the SUV that it is
The steering column noise - sort a of a rubbing sound just below the steering wheel? - I hear it when 1st back the car the car out of the garage in the morning. then thats it
Old 01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Me too, it's just when I'm initiating parking or making a sharp turn from a stop. For part two of this interesting topic, see new post here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/so-what-would-you-do-706581/