Continuous Door Open (Front Passenger Side) Alert

Old 05-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuous Door Open (Front Passenger Side) Alert

My issue started out as just a blank bleep and map light flashing on when making left turns once in a while but now my 'Door Open' alert continuously flashes while I'm driving the car. It is annoying. I'm talking nearly every two seconds. Any ideas? I'm out of warranty.

2007 TL-S is the model. Thanks in advance for any ideas...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
AZ Track Whore

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts
very simple fix I think. Test the spring loaded "switch" on the B pillar/Door frame area that tells the interior lights and harness if the door is open or closed. Know what I'm talking about? It's most likely the problem. simple and probably a fairly cheap fix.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had that happen to me on my driver's side
acura fixed it for free while I was getting an oil change..
Old 06-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
Bump same issue for me but on drivers side. I ordered a door sensor from the dealership. Is it easy to replace the sensor?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
AZ Track Whore

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by con5tant
Bump same issue for me but on drivers side. I ordered a door sensor from the dealership. Is it easy to replace the sensor?

can you operate a screwdriver? If so, then yes it is. Just has a little bolt and a clip and it's done.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
what's a screwdriver?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Thread revival

I've been having this issue again after having the sensor replaced a few months ago. I had it replaced at the dealership. After replacing, I took hard left turns and leaned my body weight against the door to test. There was no annoying beep so I assumed the problem was fixed.

Lately it has been occurring again and in the past few days it has gone crazy. As I'm driving it goes off every minute or so and the passenger door light will continually flash on and off without the accompanying beep. I could see it continuously flash in my peripherals and since I put LEDs in it is ridiculously distracting at night. For now, I've covered it with whatever I have available when I'm driving.

I went out earlier today and checked it out. I made sure every screw was tight, removed the sensor to realign and tightened it back on. I also added a bit of double sided tape to the part on the door that the plunger goes into when the door is closed. This was meant to raise the contact point for the plunger to touch the door in case it wasn't closing properly. Unfortunately it didn't help so now I'm out of ideas. Do I get a new sensor and see if that fixes the issue? Is there a different solution available? I've read a few of the other threads concerning this problem but most of them talk about realigning the sensor, adding some sort of cushion (double tape for me), or replacing the sensor. I've already done all of those so could there be a bigger issue at hand?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
10th Gear

This may or may not be the case but I have been having this problem and found out what my problem is. It may or may not be yours.

Here is my issue: The metal door latch that is attached to the B pillar/door frame comes loose because the screws are attached to a piece of metal that was glued to the side pillar. As far as I can tell there is no way to get to it from the back.

If you remove the black cover that is ontop of the latch there are two screws that attach it. When those are removed you will notice that they screw into a plate that is attached to the B pillar/ Dorr frame. That plate is what is comming off letting the door move semi-freely.

Not sure what to do from there other then try to get some JBweld or something.

Last edited by Bizzek; 11-08-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Intermediate

it could be the door jam.where it latches onto the body.it has two screws just adjust as needed and test it by driving and doing a hard turn and see if it does it again.i had this problem before and thats what fixed it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Bizzek
This may or may not be the case but I have been having this problem and found out what my problem is. It may or may not be yours.

Here is my issue: The metal door latch that is attached to the B pillar/door frame comes loose because the screws are attached to a piece of metal that was glued to the side pillar. As far as I can tell there is no way to get to it from the back.

If you remove the black cover that is ontop of the latch there are two screws that attach it. When those are removed you will notice that they screw into a plate that is attached to the B pillar/ Dorr frame. That plate is what is comming off letting the door move semi-freely.

Not sure what to do from there other then try to get some JBweld or something.
Do you mean there is a separate plate behind the metal U shaped door latch? I took the black plastic cover off and removed both screws. The U shaped latch came off as one piece with the surrounding metal and there was nothing underneath. When I was removing it, the screws were held on very snug so I doubt they were allowing the latch to move around.

It's strange but after I messed around with the sensor the other day, I haven't had the beep go off on hard turns or have the door light turn itself on and off intermittently. However, it does still beep when I push on the passenger door. It seems like only a matter of time before it starts going off again with turns.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tsx&skate
it could be the door jam.where it latches onto the body.it has two screws just adjust as needed and test it by driving and doing a hard turn and see if it does it again.i had this problem before and thats what fixed it.
It sounds like you're talking about the same thing Bizzek mentioned. Mine was held on very tight but I removed it and put it back on. I'll see if it changes anything tomorrow but I doubt it.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:12 AM
10th Gear

V|nsan|ty,

The U shaped latch is what I'm talking about. When this first starting happening to me everything seemed tight also so I put the latch back on and it seemed to correct the issue for a while then it started happening again. When i took it off the second time the plate that the latch screws into was just hanging there by a corner.

The plate that it screws into is glued/attached inside of the door jam, inside the B pillar with no apperant way to get to it.

I am going to work on it a little more and when I take it apart I will post a picture or two so you can see what I'm talking about.

I'm not saying this is what is happening to you just a posiblility.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Pro

Great thanks Bizzek. I look forward to seeing the pictures that illustrate the plate you're talking about.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
When you put your seat belt on and start driving does it go away?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Pro

Nope I don't think engaging the seat belt has anything to do with it. It's putting pressure on the passenger door that causes the sensor to go off. The sensor itself is attached to the door jamb which activates when it touches a designated spot on the door.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Oh okay. I had the same issue and it was just a door pin. But when I put my seat belt on it said all doors were closed and as soon as I took my seat belt off it said driver door open. And my alarm would constanly go off.