Sponsored by:

HELP : Scratched Panels after A/C servicing

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
私を知らない

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP : Scratched Panels after A/C servicing

hey guys

my car was just serviced at acura for a/c warranty work since it was leaking, the whole system was torn apart. after dropping of the 09 tl loaner, I was excited to see my car again. then as I drive off, I realize I forgot to pick up the paperwork.

I go back and as I inspect my car in daylight, I realize there was a lot of scratches on the pass door lower panel, a door was opened on the pass rear quarter panel by the lip ( left a white mark), bumper seemed like it was poked by something right by the grill, minor scratches around the car and then the last one is on the driver side door pillars ( the scratch meets the front to the rear.

the service manager said that cars are normally scratched and what not. then he said he can only see that the bumper damage was cause by them. he offered to repaint the bumper or free accessories for my car. since I have body work and detailing experience, I opted for them not to touch the car. what should I ask for since he says he doesnt want to be responsible for the rest of the scratches. keep in mind, my car is NBP and was just detailed before it was in for servicing. so basically, I know where all the previous scratches were.

so what should I ask for them to do? the manager is expected to call me. sorry for the long rant..
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Always take pictures before taking your car in to the shop. That's all I can offer you in advice but some others will hopefully be able to answer the questions you asked.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
私を知らない

thanks, I took some pics.. but none of the pass door panel since I normally take pics of the whole car or certain panels..
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

give it another good detail and get those free accessories ASPEC KIT FTW
Old 08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ask for window visors...

or ask for aspec rear lip or something
Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 PM
私を知らない

Originally Posted by 1fsthatch
give it another good detail and get those free accessories ASPEC KIT FTW
detail definitely on the way since I stopped detailing cars for friends. I couldnt think of what to ask in the beginning and then I realized at the end I wanted the a-spec but no way they are going to give me the whole kit for free.. gotta see what kinda offer they have

Originally Posted by stillhere153
ask for window visors...

or ask for aspec rear lip or something
yeah but I actually got the visors already, OEM & weathertech.. maybe I should just ask for a lip instead of the whole kit.. thanks for the idea.. problem is they have to install it and my friend told me the tech does sloppy jobs
Old 09-01-2009, 05:14 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

I have go for visors too, imo they make the car look more aggressive and sleek.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I hope it all works out for you. One thing I have done over the years is any time my car foes in for anything I make the service manager come do a walk around and I point out any flaws in the car / wheels / interior and tell him I expect it back that way. Have him note any defects you already have. By doing this you protect them and yourself. It has paid off more than once and I have never been refused. In addition I have made up a sheet that lists any defects I have and I have him sign it and I give them a copy. Its a PITA but less of a PITA than trying to sort it out later.

Pictures are fine but unless they can be dated and verified they are worthless.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
I shouldn't be reading this thread. My car is in the shop right now for power steering recall. I've been putting it off for so long, but I'm so scared of dealer damage. I talked to the guys and told them how much I loved my car. The did the whole "whatever" face but when they went out to look at it, they could see I was serious. I didn't take pics, but I know where everything is.

It would probably be pretty easy to get aspec lip(s) if they cover the damage. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:34 AM
私を知らない

thanks for the input guys.. I've been busy and the service manager has yet to call. I'll prob call tomorrow or thursday..

MUG - majority of the times.. the dealers scratch the cars.. mine was scratched prob in the lot or valet since it was there for a week. 6 days in shop and only 1 in the lot..
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by xtcxjigga
the service manager said that cars are normally scratched and what not
Are you serious?? I would be pissed! Car are normally scratched...wtf How messed up is that