ulead burn.now

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Question ulead burn.now

Does anyone have this product? It is a burning program that lets you make DVD-A discs the web site is messed up so i cant get the trial version of the program. I know some people here use Discwielder and I'm looking for a cheaper soulution. Do any products out there actually let you take 2 channel audio and mix it to multiple channels?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
I've yet to hear of someone actually succeed in making a DVD-Audio that works in the TL with burn.now. Any updates out there?

Mike
Old 03-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered TL Lover

Looks like a crap product all the threads i could find on this product were crapola
Old 06-17-2005, 05:17 PM
18TLX Elite ASpec CBP/blk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ulead Burn.Now v1.5

I've gotten this to work 90% of the time now using generic DVD-Rs, after a few weeks of going back and forth with tech support (in Taiwan?) and getting things fixed.

They sent me a newer version of the application than what they have online (slight revision -- Help/About says this is version 1.5.10) and they sent me an updated LXDAEng.dll version 1.0.0.10.

It only handles a single group with up to 99 tracks, but it seems to work quite well. I can add MP3s to the list, and it handles all conversions, etc.

Quite acceptable for $40 I think it was...

I was using the free DVD-Audio Tools suite (http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/) with decent success (including multiple groups). However, you had to convert things to WAVs first, and I found it only had a 80% success rate on being able to use the converted files...
Old 06-18-2005, 09:50 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you burn any DVDs with the trial version? I did and those play on the DVD in my computer, but on the TL they show up as DVDA and then get ejected.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:06 AM

Ulead Burn. New trial version

I couldn't get the TL to recognize the DVDAs when I used the trial version.

I bought the real version, and it wasn't any better, but at least I was able to contact technical support for assistance (they won't help with the trial version at all).

After a few times back and forth, they got me an updated application version 1.5.10, which was able to burn DVD-Rs that the TL recognized as DVDAs, but spit right back out the same as what you're seeing.

Then they sent me the updated LXDAEng.dll version 1.0.0.10, which corrected that problem (I suggested that they take a look at the DVD-Audio Tools application, which worked).

Now the DVD-Rs are recognized and play fine in my TL.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
where the f-ck can I register my product?

I paid $40 for Burn.Now and can't figure out a way to register it to get technical support. Can someone advise...
Old 06-20-2005, 01:59 AM

Registering Ulead Burn.Now

Start the application, choose any project type, and select Help -> Online Registration from the menu.

It will open your browser with an URL that contains your serial number, etc. from which you can register, etc.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
can anyone point me to an updated LXDAeng.dll ?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:57 PM

DVD-RWs

Just an update that this seems to work happily with DVD-RWs (generic brand) as well in my TL...
Old 06-21-2005, 09:48 PM

Updated LXDAEng.dll available

Hi all -- I asked Ulead Technical Support about distributing the "fixed" DLL, and they said:

You may give them to others but we recommend that they contact Tech Support again if they encounter error so we can evaluate and check if some DVD-audio units are not compatible with this.

So, I've ZIPped up the file and put it at ftp://ftp.prihar.com/LXDAEng.zip

Exit out of the application. You will need to unZip this in to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead
Systems\DVD -- make sure you overwrite the existing file.

Hope that helps a few of you.

Enjoy!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:42 PM
6th Gear

Thanks, but I'm getting an error trying to use your link.

Phil
Old 06-22-2005, 02:45 PM

Alternate URL to file

If you run in to an error, try this link instead:

http://www2.prihar.com/FTP/LXDAEng.zip
Old 06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
6th Gear

Got it! Thanks!

Phil
Old 06-22-2005, 05:51 PM
10th Gear

I assumed that you guys burned the DVD-A from either MP3 or WAV files depending on software. How is the sound quality? I can't imagine that the software can convert a 2-channel stereo sound in to multi-channel surround sound
Old 06-23-2005, 12:11 AM

Sound quality

I'm burning MP3s to DVDA, so there is some loss of quality (since there are 2 conversions in the process), etc, but what we're actually finding is that we're hearing things in the TL that we've never heard in the songs before. It's crystal clear...

I would assume if you go straight from CD without the intermediate MP3 conversion, the quality would be even better.

It's all 2-channel stereo of course... I did notice that an old Madonna CD (don't laugh) was marked DTS, so I'll have to try that one again from the original source and see if it actually comes out in 5-channel.

But the plus is that we get 99 tracks per disc (which actually seems to come reasonably close to filling the disc at around 6hrs of music) times 6 discs, so we're not changing discs as often. As well, our 2yr old gets 99 of her songs in a row if she wants them 8-)
Old 06-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Team Anthracite Member

ManbirPrihar Is Da Man!

Originally Posted by ManbirPrihar
If you run in to an error, try this link instead:

ManbirPrihar You Da Man!

I was up to 3 coasters when I used the patch, you so graciously posted from ulead, on the trial version I had downloaded and lo and behold it worked! I only burned about 20 songs from three differnet cd's (I had converted them to wav's previously but I think the program will do straight cd to dvda).

Maybe you can help me a little further. I tried importing 3 separate folders, 1 for each cd, but the program just bunched them together in the layout window. Is there a way to burn a dvda with separate folders? Or does this program limit us to 99 songs all together? I guess for 40 bucks I can live without folders. I suppose I'd have to buy Discwelder Bronze to be able to make folders?

Thanks in advance.

Dumont
Old 06-24-2005, 01:53 AM

You don't need to convert to WAV, etc -- just drag and drop the files you want (or add them with the folder or files icon) and it will do whatever conversion it needs to before burning them.

Yes, it only understands a single group, so all tracks are going to be put together, and you're limited to 99 tracks or disc space whichever comes first (I burned a classical music DVDA, and it only got 78 tracks on it, but they're generally longer in duration, so I think the limit is around 6hrs on a disc).

Like you said, it's only $40, so expectations aren't particularly high. It works quite well for the price (compared to $90ish for Discwelder and $400+ for the other program who's name I can't remember off-hand...)

I've also used DVD-Audio Tools, a "freebie" command-line application suite (http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/), to burn DVDAs. It understands multiple groups, but I found it was not as reliable for burning songs (plus you have to convert everythign to WAV first). It might have been the MP3->WAV conversion though, and not the application itself...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Registered TL Lover

I Got the trial and put in the patch and it works great but i seem to have trouble getting songs of of burned disks. This is the longest thread i ever started
Old 06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered TL Lover

cleaned disc with a lil alchol solved that prob
Old 06-26-2005, 12:09 AM

One other thing I noticed is that when the DVDA is recognized, but just spit out after a few seconds, sometimes hitting the "next track" button (after it's recognized, but before it is spit out) will keep the DVDA in and start playing things.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Cruisin'

burn.now error

Sometimes it works, sometimes I get error 80070057. Not a clue what that means....and Ulead isn't telling me in the documentation or on their web site.

This is a bad thing!
Old 07-02-2005, 12:56 PM
H.T.Chien

For the 80070057 error, you need to contact Ulead to get another fix. It's because the audio file you use has some issues with Ulead Burn.Now and Ulead has an solution for it now.

Or you can wait for the upcoming patch from Ulead for a few weeks.

Hope this helps.

H.T.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm going to try Burn Now next. It looks like you can make Audio DVD's that will work on Video DVD players. I have a Video DVD player in the van so this sounds like a great solution.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:34 PM
41 43 55 52 41 20 54 4C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im getting the error code 8007007e when i hit burn...

Any ideas?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:32 PM
2nd Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mp3car
im getting the error code 8007007e when i hit burn...

Any ideas?
SUCCESS

I don't have a TL, but my retired father does and this past week I helped him successfully burn a DVD-Audio disk on DVD+R media that was playable in his TL using Ulead Burn.Now.

I'm writing this from memory, but if I recall correctly, he purchased the full downloadable version for ~$40 from Ulead. He installed the software and a patch he received from Ulead, and the patch mentioned previosuly in this thread from:

The software version after all the patches were installed was 1.5.1 (I think....). However, every time we attempted to burn a disc the software crashed on his 4-year old dual Athlon system. We could not even get to the coaster stage.

However.....

We then downloaded and installed the latest 'generic' Ulead CD/DVD burning engine found here:

http://www.ulead.com/tech/general/burning_engine.htm

SUCCESS!!! We then proceeded to successfully burn a DVD-Audio disk on a generic DVD+R using the Ulead software using his HP DVD200i DVD drive.

Caveats:

- The Ulead software simply converted 2-channel mp3 and wmv files to DVD-Audio. This conversion took longer than the actual burn.

- The Ulead software does not appear to create menus. However, we burned ~60 songs onto a single disk that played normally in the TL

- The HP DVD200i by default uses a ‘compatibility’ mode when writing DVD+R. Other drives, like my Lite-On drive have firmware and software available to do something similar. Your drive may vary.

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers!!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:25 AM

I've gotten that same error (80070057) a few times (trying to burn some children's music, and a compilation for my wife), but I haven't looked into solving it until just the other day -- since it was burning discs for me, I wasn't worried 8-)

I'm pretty sure it's a content/format related issue. Something in some song isn't what it's expecting, etc.

I contacted Ulead technical support, and they suggested that I install the "Burning Patch" (http://www.ulead.com/tech/general/burning_patch.htm) and an updated "burning engine" (version 3.6.17.246 at http://www.ulead.com/tech/general/burning_engine.htm)

This didn't help, but I think each patch may contain a "mismatch" of files (ie.. some newer files are overwritten by older versions in the patch). When I get a few minutes, I'm going to try to extract just the latest versions out of the patches, install those, and see if things work.

If it works, I'll let you know what I did. If not, I'm sure technilcal support will eventually figure it out if I pester them for a few days. Seems I get the same person helping each time so far. Either that, or there is only one person at technical support...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:27 AM

Dvd+r?

I thought the TL only understood the DVD-R or DVD-RW formats???
Old 07-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ManbirPrihar
I thought the TL only understood the DVD-R or DVD-RW formats???
That is what I was led to believe as well. I have successfully used a Memorex 4X DVD+R in my TL.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered TL Lover

sony DVD-R works just fine
Old 07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Cruisin'

burn.now limits

Burn.Now is also available in the latest Ulead MovieFactory 4.0. The version included is 2.0...more functions such as saving lists. MovieFactory is 40% off for the next month http://www.ulead.com/store/special.htm . No patch necessary.

As far as the 80070057 message is concerned, it comes up (in my experience) when dealing with .wma files and with .wav files generated by other programs (such as SoundForge). I have not seen the problem with .mp3 files or with .wav files ripped from CDs by Burn.Now. I ended up re-ripping a book on CD to get it consolidated on DVD-Audio. Works fine now....

Not ideal, but it works.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Thanks Chuck, do you know if with Ulead MovieFactory you can create DVD-A's with separate groups or are we still limited to upto 99 songs together?

Originally Posted by chuck_r
Burn.Now is also available in the latest Ulead MovieFactory 4.0. The version included is 2.0...more functions such as saving lists. MovieFactory is 40% off for the next month http://www.ulead.com/store/special.htm . No patch necessary.

As far as the 80070057 message is concerned, it comes up (in my experience) when dealing with .wma files and with .wav files generated by other programs (such as SoundForge). I have not seen the problem with .mp3 files or with .wav files ripped from CDs by Burn.Now. I ended up re-ripping a book on CD to get it consolidated on DVD-Audio. Works fine now....

Not ideal, but it works.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone been able to get the song information from a DVD-A on the radio display?

I got about 90 tracks on a DVD-RW (changed to 16 bit using Wavelab). It would be more convenient to be able to see maybe the file name or tag info on the display....
Old 07-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Angry DVD-a not working......HELP!!

Here's the skinny:
2005 TL
Sony DRU 110a DVD burner (is on compatible list with Ulead)
Latest DVD burner firmware
Ulead Burn Now
DVD+RW media
It was not working initially so I tried installing the new cd burning engine and the other file listed from this post. I also installed the package from Uleads website.

Still No luck.

DVD's will not play in dvd player or car. I am able to burn video DVD's that will play in dvd player though.

I'm not getting any error messages so I dont know what Ulead can tell me.

Anyone have any ideas? Please take a shot.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I have been using the trial software with the patch that Manbir posted. I have a Sony Vaio but don't know which burner it actually has. If you use DVD-R (not RW) does it work? I have had success with DVD-R, haven't tried DVD+R nor either type of DVD RW. If you really want to stick with RW suggest try DVD-RW to see if that works.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by schrady
Here's the skinny:
2005 TL
Sony DRU 110a DVD burner (is on compatible list with Ulead)
Latest DVD burner firmware
Ulead Burn Now
DVD+RW media
It was not working initially so I tried installing the new cd burning engine and the other file listed from this post. I also installed the package from Uleads website.

Still No luck.

DVD's will not play in dvd player or car. I am able to burn video DVD's that will play in dvd player though.

I'm not getting any error messages so I dont know what Ulead can tell me.

Anyone have any ideas? Please take a shot.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Advanced

I'm going to try just a +r tonight, but my writer only supports + media. Cant burn a -r or -rw
Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Cruisin'

A couple comments on the above, Ulead Burn.Now 2.0, etc.

1. No groups, just 99 tracks or about 6 hours of stereo, whatever comes first.
2. Includes a label maker software module for disks, cases, etc. Of course, you can't use adhesive labels in the TL...not recommended, jamming potential. Don't have a printer that prints directly on disks so can't comment on that.
3. I know -R will work successfully. Have not tried anything else, but doubt that any +/- RW will work. Lots of set-top players have had trouble with RW media. Recommend using a printable disk and labeling with a felt-tip CD marker. Try www.newegg.com, Ritek is an excellent brand...50 8x printable for about $20. Use these all the time for video...no problems.
4. I have seen on other threads that some +R works.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:46 PM

I tried Ulead Burn.Now 2.0 trial version, and while it has the nicer interface, it seems to work about as well as the 1.5 version. I get the same 80070057 error trying to burn my problematic content.

Not surprised at this, as it seems to use the same common files for the burning engine, etc.

Tech support suggests that the issue is with the content being encoded by a codec that is not completely compatible with DFM (the format used by DVD-Audio?). They suggest either using Burn.Now to rip the tracks directly from the original source (since their codec functions "correctly"), or using a product called dbPowerAmp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com) with the Lame codec. Both methods have gotten around "badly" encoded songs.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:48 PM

I've had no problems with DVD-R or DVD-RW media, as long as it burned successfully with the software.

I've had no success with DVD+R media being recognized in my TL. Perhaps there is some difference in the audio systems (slightly different version?) in some cars...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Instructor

I think each burner and the different media is all part of the success or failure. I used a Phillips burner and Memorex 4X +R and a Liteon with CompUSA 4X -R with success in burning and playing in my TL. I used a Plextor burner with Fuji 4X +R and it burned fine but failed to play in my TL.

Quick Reply: ulead burn.now