Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoen Endurance Foglight bulb

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hoen Endurance Foglight bulb

I just purchased a set of H8 Hoen Endurance for my foglight. The result is GREAT!

I've previously used a MTEC 4350K bulb to match my HID and was pleased with the result. But after a while, I decided to go with the JDM look.

Having good experience with MTEC, I bought a set of MTEC Ion Yellow 3300K. I am not satisfied with the result. The colour changes from different viewing angles. It appears to be very yellow when viewed from the side, but from straight on, it looks no different than the regular halogen bulbs.

Then I decided to get another pair of bulbs. I heard good results from Nokya hyper ion yellow, but I had really bad experience with Korean made bulbs in the past. So I decided to skip the Nokyas.

So I went for Hoen Endurance since it claims to look very yellow from all angles. Its claim is true. It is very VERY yellow from all angles, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Now I know people are going to ask for pictures, and I did take some. But as always, taking a good picture of colours is hard.

So I just want to share this info for people who are looking for a very yellow bulb. Hoen Endurance is the one to go!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Chief

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ck25
I just purchased a set of H8 Hoen Endurance for my foglight. The result is GREAT!

I've previously used a MTEC 4350K bulb to match my HID and was pleased with the result. But after a while, I decided to go with the JDM look.

Having good experience with MTEC, I bought a set of MTEC Ion Yellow 3300K. I am not satisfied with the result. The colour changes from different viewing angles. It appears to be very yellow when viewed from the side, but from straight on, it looks no different than the regular halogen bulbs.

Then I decided to get another pair of bulbs. I heard good results from Nokya hyper ion yellow, but I had really bad experience with Korean made bulbs in the past. So I decided to skip the Nokyas.

So I went for Hoen Endurance since it claims to look very yellow from all angles. Its claim is true. It is very VERY yellow from all angles, and I'm very satisfied with it.

Now I know people are going to ask for pictures, and I did take some. But as always, taking a good picture of colours is hard.

So I just want to share this info for people who are looking for a very yellow bulb. Hoen Endurance is the one to go!

I agree with you 110%. I have used the PIAA ion and others and I really was not satisfied at all with them. Plus the price of these bulbs are ridiculous. I have the Hoen endurance bulbs as my fogs on my 05 TL. Check them out, plus the price is so much better than any other bulb out there.

www.hoen-usa.com
Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Intermediate

i was debating on whether on getting the endurance line or the xenonmatch line. I ended up getting the xenonmatch line and the results were also great. I was just wondering if the endurance bulbs will blind out some of the white of the HID's?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrhenchen
i was debating on whether on getting the endurance line or the xenonmatch line. I ended up getting the xenonmatch line and the results were also great. I was just wondering if the endurance bulbs will blind out some of the white of the HID's?
I personally don't think so.

This HID and Ion Yellow headlight and foglight combination gives the TL a very unique look at night, and I personally like it a lot!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Chief

Originally Posted by ck25
I personally don't think so.

This HID and Ion Yellow headlight and foglight combination gives the TL a very unique look at night, and I personally like it a lot!
I completely agree...the yellow light looks great and has no affect on the HID's at all. When you turn on the fogs it definitely lights up the road even better. Get them you will not be sorry you did and for the price you cannot go wrong.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Instructor

Guys quick question what's the part number for Hoen? I'm going to order one and give it a try.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
this thread needs some pics
Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Instructor

Okay...

I guess one picture speaks more than a million words.

I just went out in pouring rain to take some picture, and the result is not bad.

Here are the pictures I took of MTEC Ion Yellow 3300K.

At this particular angle, the MTEC is VERY yellow.

But at this angle (or straight-on), the MTEC just looks like another halogen bulb. You can compare with the the lights from the car on the right, which is just regular halogen bulbs.

Here is the Hoen I just took outside in rain.

Here is another angle of the Hoen's. Notice that the colour does not change like the MTEC's despite the change in viewing angles.

Please note that I tried my best to take these pictures with my cameras, but as always, taking accurate pictures of different light colours is extremely hard. You may find them to look different in real life. But IMHO, these came pretty damn close to real life.

And FYI, my HID has stock 4300K bulbs. I've made no changes to them.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Chief

Here are some pics I took. I upgraded my HID's to the Kaixen 6000K's.

Here is a close up

Here they are as daytime running lights
Old 10-05-2007, 06:38 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Daaaamn with the drl's the car looks evil... SWEET!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the hoen endurance bulbs. These pictures, as well as the ones I took do not give them justice. I walk my dog every morning when my wife takes off for work and make sure I round the corner just as she is driving towards me. I cannot get enough of the blue/yellow effects, and the look of the TL. I was so pleased with them I got some for my other car, and my dad got some for his.