Klima Cleaner for stinky AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Klima Cleaner for stinky AC problem

bought Einszett Klima Cleaner $15 shipped from properautocare.com; Stuff is made in Germany; its supposed to be the best solution for this AC problem, its the best price on the net too. anyway problem is i can't seem to get this tube down to the evaporator core. its supposed to be sprayed on the center vents or passenger with direct air settings in place but car off. Still I can't access this evaporator core. I can peek inside the center vents and see a copper panel radiator looking possible heater panel. I know this is not the evaporator core. I called Einszett he suggested the direct air, and passenger side, and also said it should fit it without much interference but it does have obstruction. He said all airways lead to the core. it doesn't seem to go down any duct of sorts leading to this evaporator core. anybody have ideas on this?

evaporator core:

Last edited by BronxAcuraTL; 09-25-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Advanced

"einszett Klima Cleaner is a highly effective, water-based cleaner and disinfectant for the air conditioning system of passenger cars and trucks. Its unique fungicide and germ-killing active ingredients, together with its odor-neutralizing agents are based on a very mild and skin-friendly formula. Klima Cleaner's rich foam ensures that all parts of the air conditioning system, including ventilation piping, are thoroughly cleansed and protected from future contamination without the need for disassembly. Laboratory tests have proven Klima Cleaner produces healthier and fresher smelling air. Results last for months."
Old 10-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Advanced

c'mon somebody's got 2 know something!? TexasHonda??
Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
BronxTL, I'm a 3rd gen guy but I'll share what I did on another vehicle I own. I did it on my '05 Nissan Titan. I'm not sure where the A/C drain is on your car, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Find the A/C drain hose and insert the Klima tube into it and spray. Doing it this way allowed me to get the cleaner to the evaporator. Note-I did use a different product called BG Frigi Clean that has more of a foaming action than the Klima but it might work.

I'd try the Klima first and see if it works then get the BG Frigi clean if you need another treatment. Most car dealerships parts departments carry the BG line.

Here's a link...good luck man!
http://www.bgprod.com/products/climatecontrol.html
Old 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
I have had an ongoing effort (unsuccessful so far) to eliminate mildew odor in my AC system. Here's what I've done so far:

1) removed evaporator drain tube (easy access on pax feet side near center tunnel). Careful to remove, it requires pushing w/ screwdriver to remove. Don't break off nipple! I reverse flushed 2 different mildew treatments; dconsan (sp?) and some other perfumed mildicide. I first pumped in pint to quart of treatment as a spray under pressure through a delivery tube attached to the drain. I allowed liquid to flow back, and reblasted several times. The returns were not dirty. Helped for a while but did not resolve. Came back jsut as strong.

2) The copper/brass fins you can see through the center vents are the evaporator (I think), but I could be mistaken. I have been spraying Lysol spray bactericide in this opening about 1/day. This works, but if you quit the treatments for a few days,...it's back.

I have considered re-doing 1) above and use a strong bleach mixture and allow to sit overnight. This is usually effective on mildew. I've tested bleach on aluminum pie plates and it does not cause any immediate corrosion.

Only positive fix may be evaporator removal, which is a real PIA on this car.

If anyone has had a good fix on this I would appreciate knowing about it also.

good luck
Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by BronxAcuraTL
bought Einszett Klima Cleaner $15 shipped from properautocare.com; Stuff is made in Germany; its supposed to be the best solution for this AC problem, its the best price on the net too. anyway problem is i can't seem to get this tube down to the evaporator core. its supposed to be sprayed on the center vents or passenger with direct air settings in place but car off. Still I can't access this evaporator core. I can peek inside the center vents and see a copper panel radiator looking possible heater panel. I know this is not the evaporator core. I called Einszett he suggested the direct air, and passenger side, and also said it should fit it without much interference but it does have obstruction. He said all airways lead to the core. it doesn't seem to go down any duct of sorts leading to this evaporator core. anybody have ideas on this?
this post is pretty old so maybe you can comment on any long term bad effects of using klima-cleaner? i'm about to use it myself, but heard one guy say it ruined parts of his radiator and other stuff. not sure if i should believe him or not.

was everything cool after you used this or did things start breaking?