Dealership Trip, aka My Whine Log

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership Trip, aka My Whine Log

Well, I dropped off my TL to the dealership today so they can address a short list of nuisance noises and issues. I hope to be posting back here in a couple of days with positive updates

Here's my list of petty greivances within the first 3,900 miles:

- Paint chipping off 3 out of 4 centercaps

- Loud rear deck rattle

- Metallic clicking/rattling from driver's side seatbelt adjustment assembly

- Failed speaker in driver's door

- Both rear headrests broken (the buttons flew out, springs and all!)

I love my dealership, so I am optimistic. They provided me with a silver ZDX as a loaner. Very nice, with Navi too. Just strange to have to step UP into a vehicle and duck your head down at the same time!

BTW, the way some of these freakin' pigs treat a loaner vehicle is a damn shame. Seriously, it's still a $45,000 vehicle, you're not paying to use it, so have some respect for it and for yourself! I will be in it a couple of days, and I'm going to have to clean it, bleccch!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Best of luck getting these resolved. The good news is that a couple are known issues with known resolutions (i.e., TSBs) - the rear headrest button and the rear deck rattle.

The others should be easy fixes if your dealer is solid.

Hope they get it sorted out to your satisfaction.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:55 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I agree I do treat the loaner cars like I own it. The acura dealer I use is expelled
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Instructor

I think women/mothers are the worst. I had to throw out a doll dress that was shoved into the rear door panel! So many of them just don't have any respect for a vehicle. It's more than transportation, ladies! It's a (depreciating) investment, even if it belongs to the dealership, so treat it as such.

Thanks guys, I hope they work it all out for me! Miss my manual tranny already
Old 09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sorry to hear. I hope you get things all taken care of.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by PenguinTL
Well, I dropped off my TL to the dealership today so they can address a short list of nuisance noises and issues. I hope to be posting back here in a couple of days with positive updates

Here's my list of petty greivances within the first 3,900 miles:

- Paint chipping off 3 out of 4 centercaps

- Loud rear deck rattle

- Metallic clicking/rattling from driver's side seatbelt adjustment assembly

- Failed speaker in driver's door

- Both rear headrests broken (the buttons flew out, springs and all!)

I love my dealership, so I am optimistic. They provided me with a silver ZDX as a loaner. Very nice, with Navi too. Just strange to have to step UP into a vehicle and duck your head down at the same time!

BTW, the way some of these freakin' pigs treat a loaner vehicle is a damn shame. Seriously, it's still a $45,000 vehicle, you're not paying to use it, so have some respect for it and for yourself! I will be in it a couple of days, and I'm going to have to clean it, bleccch!!!

Wow, I really am fortunate. Other than someone hitting me in the parking lot I have no issues. In fact like my 1st Acura it's kind of scary to have had no issues. I wish dealing with the female gender was this easy, LMAO!

As far as loaners go, I feel you. Some folks are pigs, str8 talk. That ZDX was tempting but I need my back seats every now and then and it was a little tight. Other than that a great vehicle, hopefully it stays around a few generations to see how it evolves. Kudos to you for cleaning it
Old 09-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well it's nice of the dealer to give you a loaner. Especially a ZDX. My dealer NEVER has loaners to give out. They told me if you want a loaner you should make your appointment at least two week's in advance! Im going to my dealer tommorow to check on some clanging on the rear (sounds like a heatshield is loose) and my power side mirror's failed (they no longer tilt plus won't let me change my pre programmed seat unless i put the switch in the center).
Old 09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Well I did make the appointment a while in advance, I think the 23rd or something. But they really have plenty of them! I had a TSX last minute when I bought the car and there was an airbag fault.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Got my car back! Everything looks and feels great with the exception of the stupid seatbelt assembly. It's still ticking and clicking even though they replaced the entire thing I feel silly making a big deal about it, but I can't help that it's 6 inches from my ear and makes noise all the time, not just over bumps. I will ask them to try another part when I'm in for an oil change. Otherwise, I'm very happy! The service department's service was just amazing.

BTW, the ZDX was either filled with 87 octane or is just THAT much slower than the AWD TL, but wow...I had to seriously get on the gas just to keep up with traffic. But I loved the interior and the power liftgate - very cool vehicle although it's a bit on the homely side (yes, this coming from someone with a 4G TL). I washed it, vacuumed it, and hid an air freshener under the passenger seat

Last edited by PenguinTL; 09-02-2010 at 09:27 PM.