Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refuse servicing because of a bad survey

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Refuse servicing because of a bad survey

Can an Acura Dealer refuse to service your car because you gave them a bad survey on a previous service (6 months earlier?)

The issue is still under warranty? What's your suggestions instead of going to another dealer further away?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I seriously doubt it since the purchase of your car is a contract and the warranty service is part of the contract, unless you have given them reason to void the warranty (abuse, racing, unapproved after-market parts, etc.).
Old 03-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
1. It could be just one rep being rude? I think they can refuse service in certain situations. Perhaps someone knowledgable about service issues can comment further. In any case, if it were me, I'd go to another dealer if that was the case.

2. That question is unclear, could you clarify?

3. If you don't want to go to another dealer, perhaps you could speak with the service manager to see what the deal is with the service reps you spoke with.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
As an after thought, I'd consider taking my car to another dealer, though. Don't think I'd want them working on it if they failed your expectations and especially after your submission of a less-than-glowing servey.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:15 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
I agree with SouthernBoy- the rep. in the service dept. sounds like an ass if he's refusing to work on your car- definetely report this to Acura client services. No one should have to put up with that, especially when Acura is trying to establish itself as a luxury car company.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Totally agree with you both. I had somewhat the same response at my dealer. They were still willing to work with me. But there is that uncomfortable feeling now. Like every time I leave my car...... Not that this is a often acquiring event!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

This is the kind of thing you take to someone at a regional or national level. Don't ask me to fill out a survey if you can't take the feedback!!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

The issue is the I had a service done back in oct 05. There was vibrations coming from the dash and visor to my 04 TL. Had to go back there 4 times until the problem got resolved. The first couple of times, they test drove it and had to order parts. The parts took a week to arrive, then I go back for them to replace the parts. Waited 4 hrs cuz they don't have a loaner car. Next week still an issue so I make an appointment and test drive the car with the technician, another part had to be ordered which took another week. Seems like this dealership keeps nothing in stock. When I went back, no loaner car available again, then i had to wait another 3-4 hrs. So when the survey came, I described that the service rep had an attitude problem and never a loaner car. I also told Acura that this dealer had nothing in stock such as a visor and it inconveniences the customers by having to come back again and again to get a problem fixed. Some dealerships cuts carrying cost by keeping low inventory. I also never received a car was because the rep says, you've want to wait for a car wash before you go, we'll put you in line, it will be about 30 mins.

I described the displeasure of my experience, especially with the attitude of the service rep.

When I called today to check out another vibration issue and do my 30,000 mile service, the service rep recalled my survey and said that he is not interested in servicing my car. I guess his attitude has not changed.

My take is that a survey will only punish the customer and not give a feedback to the dealership so they will change.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
I seriously doubt it since the purchase of your car is a contract and the warranty service is part of the contract, unless you have given them reason to void the warranty (abuse, racing, unapproved after-market parts, etc.).

Nothing unapproved, no upgrades or anything, just some more dash vibration noises and a 30,000 mile service to be done.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rxrxrx
When I called today to check out another vibration issue and do my 30,000 mile service, the service rep recalled my survey and said that he is not interested in servicing my car. I guess his attitude has not changed.

My take is that a survey will only punish the customer and not give a feedback to the dealership so they will change.
guess you have no choice, but to go to another dealer now.Maybe call HOA directly somehow,and turn this crap dealership in......
Old 03-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Instructor

I had a situation like the once with an Acura dealer. I got mad because they told me I could put burned CD lables on the CD without a problem. Once I got the TL, I then starting getting the CD's stuck all of the time.

After the 3rd replacement, the dealer said it would the last time they fixed the problem. Needless to say, I stopped burning CD's with labels in my car, but when I got the review I hammered the service people pretty good.

Next time I took the car in, they told me the negative report directly effected their paychecks. Not threatneing but made sure I knew about it...
Old 03-25-2006, 03:49 PM
3rd Gear

How long after purchasing the car will you receive a survey? I bought my car 5 weeks ago and have seen nothing yet.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Instructor

yea, i agree with southern boy...it's probably not a great idea to bring a car back after giving them a bad review. who knows what they'll do to your car while they're working on it. I have a feeling they won't give you top quality service, so it may be better to go somewhere else.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Man of God.....

Originally Posted by Columborules
How long after purchasing the car will you receive a survey? I bought my car 5 weeks ago and have seen nothing yet.
It's only after you have had some service. It took about 3Hrs for my call to come. I filled it out online, and BAM there they were!!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can an Acura Dealer refuse to service your car because you gave them a bad survey on a previous service (6 months earlier?)

The issue is still under warranty? What's your suggestions instead of going to another dealer further away?

WHAT DEALER WAS THIS?

As in any business they have to suck it up at times even when they have a rather difficult customer to deal with...
Old 03-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Riu
2004 TL

Acura service does not seem to be doing the best job. Whenever I call and I say I need service they tell me the car will have to stay over night and will be ready for pickup by noon the next day. They told me to bring it in any time before 5 pm so it would be there in the morning. I get there at 3 pm and they tell me I missed my 8 am appt. I dint even know what to say. They lady tells me that this time they will let me slide and to leave it and it will still be ready by noon tomorrow. Come back tomorrow at noon and I sit in the showroom after the service manager tells me that what they were doing was going to take a little longer. As I walk into the show room I see my car pulling into the garage lol. All I needed was an oil change. Sat there for about an hour. Service manager said he was sorry and I was on my way.

They just tend to be slow and not really caring. I also brought my car in for butt marks on the seats. The passenger seat was just as bad as the driver seat and he said his district office said he could do the drivers seat and not the passenger seat and he could only do it one time. If the problem happened again he could not fix it even if it was worse. After hearing that I decided not to change it.

I have brought my dad's Cadillac in numerous times for service and have never had a problem. Once I pull in they tell me when to come back and when I come back the car is always ready for me to get in and drive away in. When my dad first bought his car there sometimes was a knocking sound from the back when he went over a bump.

If I would have told this to Acura I guarantee they would have said they could not replicate the problem and would have sent me home. The GM dealer said they could not replicate it but could also find nothing wrong. They asked my dad to come in and drive it for them with the service manager in the car. My dad was able to replicate the sound and the service manager said it sounded normal but he would have it looked at any way. They did not find anything wrong with it but instead of just giving the car back they called in an engineer from GM to come down and look at it. This man was able to find that some bearing was cracked and it was actually a major issue that he was able to fix.

All in all I find that Acura service is not too good at all.

BTW: When I asked about the Rotors rusting they said they could not do anything about it. Am I the only one who does not like seeing rust on a car after 2 months of driving it?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
And what you just discovered is why Lexus has won the JD Powers award for excellent customer service 10 years running! As much as I like my Acuras, this is what sets Lexus above all others, customer service. The car being done when they say it will, fixing the problems the first time, etc etc... take note Acura!!

(I will say though that the Ford dealership where I had my last SUV was 10x worse than anything you can imagine in all of these areas...so Acura is light years ahead of them...and my Acura service experience has actually been very good.)
Old 03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Riu
2004 TL

We have a lexus too and the one time it needed maintence they came and picked it up at the house lol.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Riu
We have a lexus too and the one time it needed maintence they came and picked it up at the house lol.
That's what Acura and possibly Infiniti? needs to do. That is why Lexus is the best Japanese luxury brand right now. They go out of their way to please their customers.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

which acura dealership was this?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would write a letter to Honda/Acura corporate and cc the rep and the manager. Personally the dealer I go to is great! They pick up my car from whereever I am and leave a loaner car. (Antonino Acura in CT) No problems whatsoever!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Banned

I had a with one of the owners of the dealership because he was being an asshole (saleman told him I didn't buy car there) and tried to turn me away even before I opened my mouth why I was there.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

A service rep from massholia...... it kinda makes sense now......